Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

6 Months

 Top left clockwise: minutes old, 6 months old, 4 days old.

So I still have quite a bit of catch up to play, but before this week escapes me even more, I have to post about our little Hunk hitting the half-year mark. And is it just me, or does "half a year" sound way worse (as in older) than "6 months?" I think it does.

Anyway, St. Patrick's Day marked the six month anniversary of our little Hunk's arrival into this world. He's such a happy little guy. He's smack dab in the middle of some stomach bug and teething, yet he can still muster up a smile. Gotta love that boy!




Anyway, at his appointment on the 18th, he weighed 16lbs and 10oz. That's not super big for his age, but I think if he hadn't been sick for over a week by this point he'd weigh in over 17lbs. His length (which I can't remember the exact number) was the 71st percentile. He's in size three diapers and 6-9 month clothing. We don't really wear shoes yet, so I'm not sure on his size there.


He's back to sleeping from about 8pm-6am. Thank goodness he got over his little sleep regression stage. Or at least I sure hope he did.

He is pretty much sitting on his own now. He's still a little wobbly here and there, but he can hold his own for several minutes before tiring out. For a little dude who's always hated tummy time, he sure has some strong core and neck muscles.

He loves to chew on things. Would you believe it? On his six month birthday I felt a little bit of a tooth. Like so "little bit" that I went over his gums several times without noticing it, and the next minute I thought I could feel something. Still very hard to see at the time, but by the next day sure enough, there it was. And by today, it's poking through even more. Wow, you'd never know except for the fact that Mr. Drool Van SpitsAlot is extra drooly--didn't know that was possible. But it is.

If he's not cramming his fingers, hands, or sleeves into his mouth, it's the finger, sleeve, or hands of whomever is holding my little slobber-bucket. Or maybe his pants if he's feeling extra bendy! And he loves Sophie!

He's still getting about 30oz of breast milk a day--and he's refused to nurse ever since Valentine's Day. So this is why I know just how much he's getting. He also gets about 8-12 oz of formula per day. We tried avocado a few times this month, but he's still not interested. Don't be fooled by this picture because I have a video of him taking this bite and then he proceeds to make a face and spit it out. HAHA!

But it's so weird because he really does try to steal our food. It's like he wants to skip the baby stuff and head right into the big kid stuff--sorry buddy, it just doesn't work that way.

 He sat in the front seat of the stroller for the first time on February 28th. He did terrific!


Happy six months big boy.

You are such a sweet little guy--always smiling and so happy. You simply adore your sisters. Dad and I aren't much these days compared to your entertainment system sisters. When any one of them walks into the room, you look right up at them and just smile the biggest grin from ear to ear. It's like you're saying, "Oh yeah, I remember you! And I love you soooo much!"

Thanks for your snuggles! I love them something fierce!


 You are such a silly boy!


Here you are getting ready to listen to your older two sisters read you a book! One lucky boy!



 Oh, and you still hates bath-time--most of the time!

 And then he's happy again!




 Sometimes I still can't believe I have a little boy-- but gosh do I love it!

The little man ties. And oh, the hats.

 See how much he loves his Sophie--she's a great teething tool!


And the fact that you are so cuddly and snuggly and easy to make smile--you're perfect.

Your hair looks so red here--it typically looks lighter than this.



 He's feeling a little grouchy and not smiling. But we got a cute scowl anyway!


You are every bit of a mama's boy as you are a daddy's boy. You are just so happy to be surrounded by all these people who think you are the cutest thing. I can't wait to see you grow and change over the next six months. I'm trying to really hold on to all of the "baby" things about you because I know you are our last little one. It's so bittersweet, and I'm so thankful I get to experience not just raising a boy, but raising you.





Oh, those eyes!

What a handsome little guy you are.


Love you, little hunk-a-man! And a big shout out to Grammy for supplying him with some cute little Easter clothes that make him look all grown up (with a baby face, of course).

No comments: