Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our Weekend

Now that I've had a weekend to catch my breath, I'm hoping to jump back into blogging--and doing it more often. Instead of backing up to several posts I wish I'd done--IE, the second part of spring break and Easter, just to name a couple--I'm just going to start back with the here and now.

Friday night, Peach had her Spring Fling date with PAPA. This is a father/daughter and mother/son dance--talk about discrimination--I'll never get to go. HA! Since Matt was flying in from Atlanta, PAPA was able to take my beauty to her first dance. She looked absolutely precious--they made stunning couple. Gram bought her a pretty corsage that PAPA brought over when he came to pick her up. Grammy got her a new dress, sweater, shoes, jewelry, and hair accessory for the occasion. Spoiled--only a little, and it's all out of love. She's a lucky girl.

I heard there was some good food, dancing with her date, and dancing with other boys. Oh my, what are we getting ourselves into? Her date brought her home on time and we heard all the fun details.


Matt has been gone a handful of days during the past two weeks, so it was nice to have him come home Friday night. I may have been in bed already by the time I heard the garage door open, but I was not all the way to la-la land yet--thank you Big Bang Theory!

We woke up Saturday morning with high hopes to do several chores--well, the hopes were all mine, but I push my ideas onto the whole family. If Mama ain't happy...

Anyway, instead of getting the laundry from the week started, vacuuming my hairy (thank you dogs) carpets, dusting anything, mopping up my ugly, white kitchen floors, running the dishes through the wash, or what have you, I messed around on pinterest for some new recopies. For those of you who don't know, other than sleeping this is pretty much my way of relaxing--pinterest is my often my wine (during the preggo months).

So after a chocolate chip pancake and black tea breakfast while pinteresting my way around good food, we headed out to the soccer games. We had two--and thankfully they were back-to-back. Peach played first and scored 3 goals all in one quarter! I was a little pumped about this {SMILE}!

Brownie's game was next. Peach was asked to play on her team for the day since they were missing 1/3 of the team. She gladly stepped in and scored three more goals for their team. And my Brownie was really getting into the game towards the end. She was being like "Edie"--which in our family means "aggressive." Our young dog is named "Edie" and she is a bit excited to love on people--despite her massive body size.

After the games it was practically past lunch time, but we hadn't eaten so we stopped at the girls' fav--Red Robin. For being so late and with no naps, the girls did amazingly well. Scrunchie gets a little "Edie" when she's tired and hungry, but she managed through it well.

Then we headed to Lowe's to pick up our gardening supplies. I loved picking out all the organic veggies (one fruit--melon) that will hopefully grow so we can munch on our own goods while saving a little at the grocery store. I asked Matt if we could stroll by the refrigerators and front loading washer/dryer--so we did. And of course, I have my eye on a few.

After Lowe's we stopped by Target to pick up diapers and new toothbrushes for the kids. But of course I found some other goodies to put in our cart. With summer break just a month away, I went ahead and picked up some "school" stuff for the girls to work on during quiet time or on rainy days.

And as if our day wasn't long enough (don't forget nobody had napped yet), we trekked out to south of town where the girls play softball so that I could pick up candy bars for our  fundraiser.

We came home after that because it was nearing dinner time. Since we ate so late, I just threw together some leftovers while the girls and Matt were out in the back yard playing and prepping the garden. We wanted to get them to bed early, but somehow it wound up being just after 8 by the time the lights were out.

The two of us finally had a chance to catch up since his class load was light and I am done teaching. We discussed all of the things in life causing us stress, and we tried to come to some resolutions. But we realized that we may just be stuck in the stress for a while. I think we both wished we had better coping mechanisms, but doesn't everybody. We're not turning to drugs, alcohol or gambling, so we're not too far off the deep-end.

We woke up Sunday with baby screams on the monitor. Since Matt has been home again, Scrunchie likes to wake up and practically beg Daddy to come get her and put her in our bed. This happens sometime before 7. Matt usually gets up before I do, but I was the one who got up first today. So all the kids and I came downstairs. I made the grocery list and had my tea. Matt came downstairs and did his coffee routine. Then I started feeling sick, but this is not uncommon for me during pregnancy so I didn't think much about it. I laid down on the couch for a few minutes and then I got sick. I was mad--mostly because I had plans to go to a friend's party and coach softball practice--not to mention all the chores I didn't get done yesterday. So I rested and started feeling guilty. There was so much that needed to be done around the house and for the family, so I got up the nerve to go to the store. I brought Peach along in case of a catastrophe, but we made it through quickly--our list was rather short.

I came home and crashed another two hours and woke up feeling a little better. So I went ahead and held practice with the agreement that Matt would do the physical things and I would handle the logistics of practice. Thankfully, we have a great assistant coach and support from the parents, so practice went on as planned. It's fun to coach all three of our big girls--I love to see them develop their talents.

 After practice, we made dinner and ate as a family. We always love having family meal on Sunday. And today, Matt read a chapter from our Laura Ingalls Wilder book as the girls finished eating. I addressed Boushka's party invitations and vacuumed while Dad gave the baths. And then it was TUCK IN TIME! Bless their hearts, they can talk and talk and talk. I just wish I knew where they got it--HA!

No comments: