Tuesday was my last MOPS meeting for 2011. My sis came with me, and it was fun getting to introduce her to some of my friends. But we could only stay about 50 minutes because we were going to watch Brownie and Bug's preschool Christmas program. There's no recording or photos allowed (boo!) of the actual performances, so we always do a picture by the Christmas tree after the show.
Baby Scrunchie--her little headband needed to be fixed in this picture, but I didn't have access to her at that time
The Irish twins posing in front of the Christmas tree at their school
Posing, post concert
Wednesday was fun-filled as well! My sister and I went to Peach's school to work their Christmas party. Another mom and I planned about 7 games and a craft for the kids to do during their party. I think they had a ton of fun, but I have no photographic proof. When you are in charge of the party and directing little 5 and 6 yr olds, it's kinda hard to snap photos with your good (big) camera as well. It's so weird to actually do some mom things that I've been looking forward to since I knew I was going to be a mom--IE coordinate a class party!
This is when the week got super exciting because I finally had all of my kiddos home with no real schedule to stick to. Love that! Peach was feeling rather worn out from her very first semester of school, so I promised her a day full of cartoons, movies, baking, and eating cookies--and maybe some other treats. I really don't know who was looking forward to it more--her, or me (SMILE)!
Thursday night the seven of us sat down to make our own ornaments. In years past, we head out to the hobby store to find an ornament that represents us for that given year. Well, we decided to head into nature to find some items that we could make an ornament out of this year. The family loved this activity! I loved that Daddy thought it up and led the "hike" and crafting part!
Everybody getting ready to make their ornaments
Daddy's creation
Peach's completed ornament
Daddy providing some instruction
Crafting the night away
Boushka measuring out ribbon for her ornament
Friday was that wonderful, glorious day I had set aside for all of us girls to be bums for the day. We watched an insane amount of Christmas movies and baked a lemon loaf and made two different kinds of fudge.
We're getting ready to make our treats
Our chocolate-peppermint fudge up front and regular chocolate fudge in the background
Boushka is sifting away
The makings of our gingerbread cookies
Lemon Loaf (apparently it's quite similar to a certain Star quality coffee shop)
These ended up being our Santa cookies. Peach had been asking to make gingerbread cookies for Santa for a few years--and we finally did it
We also snacked on some truffles my sweet friend Heather dropped by. She even included a little "mom and dad" gift in there to help us stay up late--but not too late--- on Christmas Eve. Can you tell she's a graphic designer! Seriously talented and apparently a fantastic truffle maker!
Love her little booklet she made to accompany the treat!
Mmmm... truffles!
The mom and dad gift
No comments:
Post a Comment