Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lotsa Randomness

I'm not above being totally random. In fact, I embrace it. On that note, try to follow along, please...

1) I love these! (Aden and Anais-- I got mine from Target)

These swaddle blankets are made of muslin and are perfect for swaddling a tiny newborn who may or may not try to stick her fists in her mouth when she is hungry and trying to nurse! And I finally found a solution to her little problema!

(Little K donning her muslin swaddler--by the way, this white one makes a great prop for photos)

These are made of cotton and are stretchy, therefore keeping the little hands tucked safely against her body. This is one blanket that actually stays tucked and keeps babe swaddled. It is also light and air moves through it quite nicely. They are rather large and the uses are endless. Had I known about these when I wrote my "Must Haves for Babies" post, this would've topped my list.

2) Smile! Say Cheese!

Yep, she does it all. She's been smiling (for real) for about 3 weeks now, but in the last week she's been adamant about getting social, face time with mommy. And she's spread it on to daddy now too. She'll fuss and fuss if you don't lock eyes with her when she wants you to! And it makes me laugh, not to mention I totally give in to her desire. How can I not?


So I had daddy take some pictures to mark the moment. I was simply looking at her, and she just loved it.

Her grins these days are full-on, sometimes open-mouthed with a little coo.


3) Somebody bathe this kid please.


I try. Her daddy tries. Even sisters try. But this kid can't stay clean. She's almost always covered in dirt, chocolate, banana goobers, or anything else that is sticky. Poor kid could star in one of those plays where little orphans peek in the windows of London homes. I love her dearly, clean or rugged and dirty!



4)We've been having gorgeous weather this week.
I mean, it's perfect spring weather--slight breeze, warm sun, temps in the 70's... so we've been dining on our grill-friendly meals. And tonight was no exception!

This is spicy turkey burgers (topped with some avocado), seasoned sweet potato fries, and fruit salad. The whole family agrees on this meal- and I LOVE that!

5)Clean Eating. Have you heard of this magazine?

I hadn't until a couple of weeks ago while the babes and I stopped unexpectedly at Barnes and Noble. I saw this magazine just sitting there beckoning me to come hither, and naturally I had to know what Clean Eating was. I had an idea, but I wanted to see what it was all about. And I do love this mag so far. This is one food read that doesn't include any recipes with a "cream of..." ingredient. And that's a nice change!

6) I've been going on one-on-one dates with each girl recently.
I took Brownie to Barnes and Noble (per her request when she realized listening to live Blues music was boring--guess she doesn't agree with mom and dad on music already) so she could browse the books.


I was browsing with her when I saw this...


I know what you're thinking---Somebody totally stole my idea! Remember this post about letting my kids draw "tattoos" on themselves? Yeah, so do I. Gosh darn, I guess I'm too late on this book idea.

7) I made this shirt for my Little K while she was still baking away in my belly.

I envisioned her wearing a cute and appropriately sized bow, leggings... you know, the works, while wearing her homemade shirt. Well, she's not a fan of posing so you can see her shirt, nor is she a fan of anything on her head (this pink band didn't last long). So we worked with her vision for this photo!

And that'll do it for the random post. I've gotta long day tomorrow that I'll spend making smoothies, driving the dented van past Starbucks 4 times without stopping, swaying a baby, folding laundry, watching for storms, and snuggling a certain little Peach whom I've got a promised snuggle date with during nap time. Yep, I love staying home!

No comments: